Blinkie

Monday, May 23, 2011

Once Again......

I keep writing and deleting the things that my fingers type as my brain thinks them, how annoying is that for me to think that my own thoughts are not good enough for my own page? Really?



I have been suffering with severe water retention ever since the birth of Alexander some 10 years ago. It doesn't ever fully go away and these past few months it seems to have gotten worse, I don't know if it is because my age is going over the hill or if I am doing more things to exert myself or what. But the pain and uncomfortableness I feel in my left leg is starting to wear on me, as I start to doubt that I will ever be healed. My veins are leaking water into my body just right underneath the skin which causes the water retention, my veins are damaged just like their owner I am damaged to some degree, mentally and physically.




So in my efforts to try and fix this without turning to the Dr's for a diuretic which in turn I have to take a potassium pill to counteract the diuretic taking all my nutrients out of my liver and kidneys I have been looking for something that will teach me how to fix the problem without relaying on the doctor's pills.

I found a book called "The Water Retention Diet" which states I could lose UP to 14 lbs. in 7 days OH MY GOODNESS really? Haha I doubt that and that is NOT why I started this diet. I was more intrigued into the water retention part and how it will help me figure out this ugly, self-hatred part of me. So here goes nothing.


After reading the book and understanding that I can not lose any kind of weight until I have the water retention under control, and I understand my body and the things it is doing to me to make me go insane. This takes everything yummy, salty, sweet, sugary, chocolaty, gooey, fattening, OK basically anything that has a flavor to it out of my diet. And after 4 weeks of doing this I can start to add things in slowly.

I am now eating things officially such as tofu, aduzki beans, fava beans, mung beans, soy milk, hummus, brown rice pasta, brown rice flour, celery and beet juice.

Today was the 1st day. I didn't do too bad.

Breakfast: Rice cereal with soy milk
Hot Spice tea

Lunch: Aduzki bean salad
Broccoli, potato soup
Rye Crackers with olive oil spread
And an orange

Dinner: Baked Taliapia
Mixed vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower and carrots
Baked Potato with nothing on it
And a glass of pineapple juice ( I must say this was my favorite part )

My nightly drink is a celery/radish juice. Spicy and not all that bad just a different taste which my taste buds will come to acquire within the next four weeks.

I didn't do too bad today. I must be honest I did cheat when I saw some coconut cookies laying in the baggie, I had to have me some. So, I ate one, two and maybe three or four. But I didn't cheat on anything else today which means:

NO SODA
NO SALT
NO DONUTS
NO CANDY BARS
NO NOTHING GOOD TO EAT

I don't know if this is going to kill me if I do accomplish it or if it's going to make me a better person. I am not looking at this for losing weight but merely to help my body recover from the weak veins and holding onto water that should go out of my system.

I have four long weeks of this, 27 more days to go at least on the hard part.
This too shall pass, Correct?

No comments:

Post a Comment