Blinkie

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Not A Failure!

So as the week has been progressing, I too have been progressing in my desire to figure out how to heal my body. On Tuesday it was so hard for me to feel like I could follow this program as well as have the will power to keep going. For feeling so bleak on Tuesday and such despair Wednesday and Thursday have prevailed allowing me to KNOW that I can do this and I DO HAVE THE WILL POWER!!


Yesterday's dinner was awesome if I do say so myself. It consisted of lightly toasted tofu dipped in brown rice flour, mushrooms, broccoli, garlic and soy sauce. Basically a vegetarian's stir fry. Anthony and Alexander wanted some because it's aroma's filled the whole house, they too found it pretty good except Alexander and mushrooms. Guy also ate some and of course said "it's edible" but he had two bowls, so I assume it was more than just something that was "edible"!!

I tried soy yogurt as well yesterday. It was alright, creamier than regular yogurt but not quite as flavorful. At least it wasn't something that was totally gross. Now, something that I do find gross and not so great is coconut milk. It has NO FLAVOR!!! It isn't the sweetened kind of coconut milk but just pure white silk almost. I will take the soy flavored milk any day in comparison to the coconut.


I am enjoying trying new things everyday. Some things are better left on the shelf and others are not so bad, corn cakes taste just like corn which to me makes them better than rice cakes.

Broccoli, potato and onion soup isn't so bad after the flavors have mixed well a few days later.

Asian spice tea tickles my nose with the great aroma's that come from the seeping tea. For one who does not drink tea and will not keep drinking it after this is done, it's not half bad.

I am not a fan of brown rice cereal such as crispy (which are just like rice krispys) there isn't much of a taste but I will still eat them since it's my breakfast every day for the next four weeks.


I find that I am not craving anything. But when I see and smell food that I know I can not have I get jealous of others who are enjoying such tasty, good looking food. But I keep reminding myself that I am only in the first week and for this to work I have to be strict and strict with my diet I am not. This will be the 1st thing that I will have accomplished when it comes to doing something and following through instead of the usual "I'll start next week" or "it's no big deal."


My friend gave me this cookie fortune today and it suits me to a "T" in my life right now it says:


"YOU'RE NOT A FAILURE BECAUSE YOU DON'T MAKE IT, YOU'RE A SUCCESS BECAUSE YOU TRIED!"


How inspiring this is. I am not expecting major weight loss results, but a curb in this aliment that plagues my leg with swelling and pain. I am wanting this to work so desperately that if it doesn't I will be very upset but as it says I am a success because I tried this to better myself.

1 comment: