Blinkie

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Daughter Of Mine

We are daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us,
and we love him. We will "stand as witnesses of God at all
times and in all things, and in all places..." as we strive
to live the Young Women Values, which are:


Faith
Divine Nature
Individual Worth
Knowledge
Choice and Accountability
Good Works
Integrity and
Virtue


We believe as we come to accept and act upon these values,
we will be prepared to strengthen home and family, make and keep
sacred covenants, receive ordinances of the temple, and
enjoy the blessings of exaltation.

I wish my daughter knew that there was a Heavenly Father that loves her and supports her more than she will ever know. I remember looking forward to Young Women and sharing the whole learning process with fellow girls.....from baking cookies for the elderly, playing water sports with the Young Men, doing crafts, service projects, working on Young Women projects etc.....
These are the things I grew up on the values, morals and knowledge of a  HIGHER POWER. I have always know these things just simply wish  the way the world is today that my own daughter would know this inside her heart. I wish this world wasn't so OUT THERE and EVERYTHING GOES!

I wasn't the perfect Young Woman, I made my share of mistakes, trials and errors.
However I can foresee my child going down a road that is only leading to sadness and despair in her life. I only want to make her life better and help show her the way, the problem is though she won't allow me to. I feel at my wits end with her at times and NO Mother should ever feel that way!
The other night she said a very harsh word to me calling me "freaking stupid" however let's replace that freaking with another word. I was so dumbfounded that she would even  DARE speak to me that way. I told her I wanted an apology or her to write 1000 times she will not cuss and call names, so coming home from work today there was an apology note stating this:

" I am sorry, okay, I am really sorry and honestly it just came out what I said. You have your apology in writing and I will not cuss or name call anymore."

That shows me just how sincere she really isn't. I hope she will learn one day sooner than later that her ways are going to take her down the wrong road and it will have some harsh consequences.


This girl is simply beautiful!!
Her eyes shine with the light an amazing blue-green
Her kindness to her friends is one in a million 
Her smile sparkles with pure happiness
Her laughter is inviting

I am in this through the thick and thin. I can't give in even when it is the easiest thing to do. I have to be strong for the sake of this little one, who is still that a "little girl" but is trying to find her own independence at the same time.


I love her
I gave birth to her
She is mine to help mold and show the way
She is a Daughter of our Heavenly Father 
I want the best for her ( even if she thinks I don't )
I want her to be proud of who she is & the things she does in this life
I want her to know that her Heavenly Father loves her!!
 
                                         

1 comment: